Prev: Still OT was Re: Ganas Next: RE: Re[5]: Metal Storm (Long-ish)

Re: Re[2]: Metal Storm (Long-ish)

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 17:42:06 -0500
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Metal Storm (Long-ish)

At 10:26 AM -0800 1/18/02, Brian Bilderback wrote:

>I read somewhere that there was a PDS system based on the GAU-8 that
>competed with the CSWS, and it was more effective, but it was
>rejected because it would have to be mounted like a turret, not
>bolted to the deck.  Of course, this is what i HEARD, I can't
>confirm or deny.  Bit a DPU PDS.... good lord....

One of the arguments for US ship designers is that Goal Keeper is a
deck penetrator (ie its got more stuff below what you can see on
deck). Its main advantage is a heavier weight projectile and longer
range to get those vampires before they get you.

--
Ryan Gill	  |	   |	     rmgill@mindspring.com
		  |	   |

Prev: Still OT was Re: Ganas Next: RE: Re[5]: Metal Storm (Long-ish)