Prev: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own. Next: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 07:46:24 -0800
Subject: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

John Atkinson Wrote:

>Doubling your firepower doesn't increase your
>casualties.  Doubling your firepower means you kill
>the enemy in half the time which means he has half the
>time to kill your guys.  Casualties are directly
>proportional to amount of time spent under fire.  I'm
>not saying to strip your defenses as much as some
>people would say, but you have to balance things out.

I agree, but some of the suggested designs swung WAY in the other
direction.

> > I'm tempted to ditch the RFAC and one APSW, and go
> > with C4 with an MDC
> > 5, free APSW, SPDS, and APFC.  But that drop in
> > armor may be too much.  Even
> > a class 4 would be stealthed out in Cascadian
> > designs.
>
>I like that plan.  I'd never ditch the PDS--GMS/L
>teams are too cheap to NOT buy as much PDS as you can
>fit.

Agreed.

>BTW, I'm sure you mentioned it, but what house rules
>make you want an RFAC??

In my DS2 house rules, given their high ROF, RFAC's and Light MDC's
(class
1-2)are treated as APSW's in close assault, and have increased
effectiveness
vs infantry at range.

Brian B2

Prev: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own. Next: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.