Prev: Re: DS2 Duh on Aerospace/VTOL Design Next: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 17:24:44 -0800
Subject: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

Laserlight Wrote:

>  Brian B2 replied
> > I've played light defense/strong offense units
>
>I didn't say that.  I'm pointing out that there's a difference between
>"strong defense" and "excessively strong defense".

The question becomes what is excessive?  I would argue it's a subjective

thing.	In a single game scenario, using points, yes, I can see your
point.
But in a campaign setting, will the monetary cost of the increased
stealth
be so much that two less stealthy tanks can be bought for the price of
one?
I doubt it.  Remember, points reflect (or should) value on the
battlefield,
not cost of production.

> >  in many games, and gotten
> > burned every time.	I'm a firm believer in a good mix of the two.
>Can't get
> > much deadlier against other vehicles than MDC 5/Sup FireCon......
>
>Yes, you can.... *two* MDC5/SFC, with the points you saved by not
>tweaking up the defenses that last notch.

See above.  Two for one is only applicable if you're using a
point-for-point
matchup scenario.

>Note--I'm not saying anything about specific DS2 designs, I'm just
>saying you'll reach a point of diminishing returns from your
>investment in defenses.

Which supports Oerjan's arguement that the points cost for stealth is
overpriced.

Brian B2

Prev: Re: DS2 Duh on Aerospace/VTOL Design Next: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.