Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Offers and stuff! Next: Re: GunRunning Down Under

Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 20:05:44 -0500
Subject: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

> >How about "You can buy two for one and kill off the enemy fast
enough
> >that your total casualties are lower"?  There's got to be a break
> >point where spending more on defense actually hurts you, because
> >you're not spending enough on offense.

 Brian B2 replied
> I've played light defense/strong offense units

I didn't say that.  I'm pointing out that there's a difference between
"strong defense" and "excessively strong defense".

>  in many games, and gotten
> burned every time.  I'm a firm believer in a good mix of the two.
Can't get
> much deadlier against other vehicles than MDC 5/Sup FireCon......

Yes, you can.... *two* MDC5/SFC, with the points you saved by not
tweaking up the defenses that last notch.

Note--I'm not saying anything about specific DS2 designs, I'm just
saying you'll reach a point of diminishing returns from your
investment in defenses.

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Offers and stuff! Next: Re: GunRunning Down Under