Prev: Re: GunRunning Down Under Next: [OT] Minis questions

RE: DS2: Design questions of my own.

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 14:17:17 -0800
Subject: RE: DS2: Design questions of my own.

John Atkinson

>Cost-wise, that's almost the same as buying 2 size-3
>medium tanks.

Which, in a one-game scenario, doesn't make sense.  Remember, this is in
an
integrated gameworld/storyline, where points are a little less
important.

> > You have the missile threat covered with the ECM and
> > PDS, so if you make the
>
>My tank destroyers can still kill them--size 2 with
>2xGMS/H Sup.

That is if the ZADS doesn't stop the  GMS and the VTOLS dor the
artillery
don't light up the TD's - again, Cascadians rely heavily on combined
arms....

> > armor ablative than you mitigate HEL threats as
> > well, maximizing the armor's
> > efficiency (fitting nicely with the survival aspect
> > of the Cascadia
> > doctrine).
>
>But still dies to MDC/HKP.

Which is why I don't like ablative armor - too specific a threat for
what
you pay to guard against it.  In the long run, anything that gets hit
has a
chance to die.	That's why the love of the MDC/Superior FireCon combo -
Increase the odds of hitting first, and of hitting with a killing blow.

Best defense..... old but beloved cliche.

Brian B2

Prev: Re: GunRunning Down Under Next: [OT] Minis questions