Prev: Re: DS2 Duh on Aerospace/VTOL Design Next: Re: OT: This is sad but interesting: correction.

Re: OT: This is sad but interesting:

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 14:02:55 -0800
Subject: Re: OT: This is sad but interesting:

Bob DeAngelis Wrote:

>Hmm he says he earns 2 dollars if we buy all three books so thats 2
dollars
>for every book he sells.

No, that's $2.00 per trio of books, as I read it, and specifically for
Talion: Revenant, The Dark Glory War, and Fortress Draconis.  I don't
know
how good those specific books are or how many he sells.

Now on amazon I counted 20 plus starwars books that
>he says sell between 250,000 and 500,000 copies let us assume a low
sales
>of
>an average of 300,000 per book or 200,000 dollars income for each novel

>with
>20 novels thats $4,000,000 dollars isn't it just on his starwars
novels.
>Dire straits. Dire straits indeed!!

Assuming he makes as much per book for the SW and BT.  That is in now
way a
given.	If the figure is down in the pennies per book, which is
possible,
the annual income is significantly less.

>Bob DeAngelis
>PS perhaps I am using the wrong figures ???

Possible.

However, regardless of how dire his straits may be, it would be sad to
see
him cease to publish novels if he can't get a contract.

Brian B2

Prev: Re: DS2 Duh on Aerospace/VTOL Design Next: Re: OT: This is sad but interesting: correction.