Prev: RE: Pirates, USCG and concealed turrets and Reds under the Beds Next: RE: Letters of marque

RE: Letters of marque

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 14:33:07 +1100
Subject: RE: Letters of marque

G'day,

> When I was in the Navy there was a story running around about a
> group of Korean pirtates on a craft the size of  a utility boat.
> They eased up beside a fat merchant in the middle of the night
> and fired off 30 or 40 shots with small arms.  At which point
> the watch officer of the destroyer they were ordering to surrender
> aimed all the searchlights at them and set them off.	Apparently
> most of the pirates bailed in complete panic and swam back to shore.
> Those that didn't were turned over to the Korean authorities.

Ahh that's the one! That one has been running around marine science
circles
for a while now (especially after some Aussie, UK and US science boats
have
been hit over the last couple of years), but I was never sure if it was
just
a story or not.

Cheers

Beth

Prev: RE: Pirates, USCG and concealed turrets and Reds under the Beds Next: RE: Letters of marque