Prev: GenCon '02 Next: RE: Pirates, USCG and concealed turrets and Reds under the Beds

RE: GunRunning Down Under

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 14:29:01 +1100
Subject: RE: GunRunning Down Under

G'day,

> All very much IMHO. By all means get opinons from Derek and
> Beth - they're bound to be different from mine, and I'd be
> interested in what they have to say (I respect them both
> immensely).

At present both major parties are VERY disappointing with regard to any
policies of import - heaven only knows how low the opinion of the world
in
general must be falling because of our current dealings with refugees :(

And while the Greens may be strong down here in Tassie it doesn't make
Mr
Brown (funny how the head Green is a Brown ;P) a popular guy down here.
Though to be fair you get to know you pollies better than most in Tassie
as
there's such a small population per polly (original number of Senate
seats
determined at federation to be equal for all states and being so small
we
win out big there).

>I still can't believe that a nebbish like Tony Abbot could
>possibly become a senior Govt Minister BTW. But there he is.

Only in Australia could you have a political party where two of the main
players are named Abbot and Costello....

Beth

Prev: GenCon '02 Next: RE: Pirates, USCG and concealed turrets and Reds under the Beds