Prev: DS: SG: concealed vehicle turrets Next: RE: RE: Letters of marque

Pirates, USCG and concealed turrets and Reds under the Beds

From: "Tomb" <tomb@d...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 22:00:40 -0500
Subject: Pirates, USCG and concealed turrets and Reds under the Beds

1) Pirates and USCG

Magic, when does an anti-piracy op change from CG control to Navy? What
is the distinction? Jurisdiction? Severity? Who sees it? What?

2) Concealed turrets.
I'd suggest you price the weapon as one size class larger. In this case,
I'd suggest the weapon is an APSW (DS2 really needs a heavy APSW
too...). So instead of taking 1 cap point, I'd say 2. If you mount an
RFAC/1, I'd say 6.

3) Reds under the Beds

Alan's story of the Tolkien Society (subversive movement if ever there
was, probably inspired by all that Sindarin drivel and lead by someone
with pretension of having long ears, a long life and a sharp tongue like
Elrond *wink*) made me reflect to a model parliament we ran when I was
in HS. It was in Alberta (the rest follows from that) and so we had the
NDP (small but vocal faction with a lot of bright radicals), the
Liberals (small but not so bright faction), the conservatives (mid sized
faction, staid) and the ultra-conservatives (fairly large, quite active
with policies like offering the US Quebec as a Cruise Missile test
area). It was funny because at one point, NDP activists brought in "H20
SMGs" and mowed down the PM and a pile of the cabinet in a hail of
"gunfire" (not quite the right term for water is it?). It was fun and
everyone got a good feel for democratic process, including the
dictatorship of the majority component.... now what was even funnier was
seeing what had happened to some of the intellectual elite (okay, or so
it seemed at the time) 10 years later at our HS reunion.... some just
hadn't gone too far (or had gone quite a ways in a disreputable
direction....).

And yeah, wankers end up in politics. Smart people mostly avoid it like
the plague unless they have a martyr complex.

Tomb.

Prev: DS: SG: concealed vehicle turrets Next: RE: RE: Letters of marque