Prev: RE: The First Intersentient War Next: COMMERCE RAIDER VS WARSHIP

[ADMIN] codes

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@f...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:03:10 -0500
Subject: [ADMIN] codes

1) Re, the code list, K-H is right.... but the point
of having the longer list is that if we name the
official code FT, someone is gonna type FTFB.
or FB1 or something. So I was trying to
support them all. Additionally, some of the ones
previously proposed were too specific (SG2
where I see SG appear frequently for one
example).

I too agree we should have certain core ones
and I'd probably drop about half the ones in
my proposed list.... if it met with general
approval. I don't actually have any authority in
these matters, and I'd be curious if Matt S has
any opinions on the matter. I think a short list
of no more than 10-12 entries (hence
rememberable) would be best.

My preferred list:
OFFICIAL - covers announcements, rules
proclamations, etc. from Jon (his own fief
exclusively) (perhaps we use GZG instead but
something tells me this will show up in subject
lines for other reasons...)
SG - Stargrunt
FT - Full Thrust (any flavour)
DS - Dirtside
FMAS - FMA Skirmish
ADMIN - list related stuff, from the list-admin or
about the list
CON - announcements about conventions like
ECC/WCC/Others
OT - off topic (this might be a default.....)
B5 - Babylon 5 or EFSB related material
HIST - future history of some flavour

That's 10 and I think it covers all that matters.

2) Oerjan, I can't expand KNG for you. Ask
whoever has the Dutch Kingdom in the pedia....
I picked it up somewhere and figured it
translated to something in Dutch but I don't
know. I could have just imagined it period...
anyone help out here? I think Tom Pope was
the Dutch Kingdom dude.... or maybe it was
someone else?

Thomas Barclay
Co-Creator of http://www.stargrunt.ca
Stargrunt II and Dirtside II game site
"In God We Trust... on Cold Steel We Depend."

Prev: RE: The First Intersentient War Next: COMMERCE RAIDER VS WARSHIP