Prev: Re: [ADMIN] Need List Admin Information and feedback Next: Re: SOUTH CHINA SEAS PIRATES

Re: [ADMIN] Need List Admin Information and feedback

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 09:40:31 EST
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Need List Admin Information and feedback

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 15:32:33 -0800 (PST) John Atkinson
<johnmatkinson@yahoo.com> writes:

>--- Thomas Barclay <kaladorn@fox.nstn.ca> wrote:
>
>> - try to stay topical on postings
>
>At least for newbies.	You might also point out that
>discussions among the regulars have a disturbing
>tendency to veer off into medieval history, WWII tank
>design, obscure biological discussions, inside jokes
>involving things that happened several years ago at
>conventions, Swedish light armored vehicle ground
>pressure or other wierdness.  Topicality is a loosing
>argument.

But a nice ideal. <grin>

>> - flame wars are undesireable, and polite
>> conduct is desireable. Truly controversial issues
>> should be approached and discussed
>> circumspectly and personal attacks are to be
>> avoided. Off-topic issues or emotionally loaded
>> issues are best discussed off list.
>
>I'm not even going to touch this.

[Innocent face] Why?  <grin>

>> "please don't be offended John's tone" or
>
>Uhhh. . . that would be the _second_ FAQ I'm in. . .
>That's a disturbing thought.
>
>John

Consider it a step towards immortality.

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.

Prev: Re: [ADMIN] Need List Admin Information and feedback Next: Re: SOUTH CHINA SEAS PIRATES