Prev: RE: DS2 design querIES - NPC (Native People's Circle) Next: Pirates and Privateers and Mercs

Re: DS2 design querIES - NPC (Native People's Circle)

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 15:30:07 EST
Subject: Re: DS2 design querIES - NPC (Native People's Circle)

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 13:35:55 -0600 "David Rodemaker" <dar@horusinc.com>
writes:
>> Second question:
>>
>> Would GRAV do less damage then GEV/Tracks to "Mother Earth" or not?
>This
>> might make FPG less onerous to the NPC design.
>
>Since there has been nothing to suggest otherwise (radiation or
>somesuch?) I
>would make the claim that this is so. I would also suggest that the
>speed
>and other capabilities of GRAV make this a desireable choice.

Hmm, will have to reconsider FPG as power source.

Point to mention, I am making the stereotype/doctrine the fit that the
military  organization adapts to and tries to modify.  And one weapon
system as the main tech for each of these little powers I am playing
with.  NPC was selected for GMS/H and a mid-tech level generally.  The
NEA (a NAC oriented group too just more so) got the smaller
colony/population and the higher tech (GRAV/GEV and MDC) but they are
significantly less populous then the NPC; and the LLP and NPC (plus the
'wild card' PHR - high population (a whole planet plus a moon balanced
by
HVC and CFE tech levels) are very studiously 'watching' them (and
working
covertly to limit their ability.)

Hence GRAV is both good (less damage to Mother Earth) and bad (White
Tech
- a very poorly defined buzz word) to various elements of the NPC.  Many
of the more traditional elements have moved to the fringes (physically
and emotionally) of main stream NPC nation.  GRAV and FPG might be the
way to go if I decide to make "Gun Tanks" a part of the NPC military
structure.  Right now I lean to making the TD's into missile armed Tanks
and drop the TD organization.

Of course the amount of missiles on a table where the NPC were playing
would be significant.  Almost every vehicle has at least one GMS/H and
many have 2-4.	Talk about arrow storms...

>Of course yuo could always go for 'Eagle Lodge' VTOL, 'Falcon Lodge'
>Aerospace/Aircraft, 'Badger-' or 'Wolverine Lodge' for Armour, 'Wolf
>Lodge'
>for the LRP, "Turtle Lodge' for Amphib, 'Puma Lodge' for
>Hunter-Killers,
>etc...
>
>Just a thought ;)
>
>David

Good thoughts.	  I like them.

Of course I don't want to clone The Thousand Nations.  Two separate
answers to the perceived problem.  TTN (IIRC) chose an independent
course
whereas the NPC chose the muddy path of semi-autonomous accommodation.
Just where the line is depends on what political faction of the NPC you
follow.  The NPC is (at least superficially and frequently in action) a
NAC 'member state'.

Ditto the LLP and NEA.	Just as the RRR is to the RH. Only the IJK, PHR
and SAI are truly (?) independent of Earth political ties.  Rumors of
ties to the IC by the SAI are highly doubted officially.  And the PHR
are
truly pariahs to all mainstream Tuffleyverse nations.  But these groups
were designed first and foremost to get each of the weapons systems on
the table.  The NPC and LLP are just my favorites so more detail in
required to work them up.  <grin>  Yes, I play favorites.  I admit it.

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.

Prev: RE: DS2 design querIES - NPC (Native People's Circle) Next: Pirates and Privateers and Mercs