Prev: RE: * * * * HAPPENS! Next: Re: Interstellar Shipping

RE: Letters of marque

From: "Bob Makowsky" <rmakowsky@y...>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 09:21:16 -0400
Subject: RE: Letters of marque

As far as any piracy in the Caribbean Basin at this time, I cannot
recall a
case we have been involved with or one that has crossed message traffic
that
I have seen.  There is still thievery but the "drug runner" steals boat
use to smuggle is over.  Purpose purchased vessels are the current
choice of
platform.

And yes, if we heard of any piracy we would respond with a Cutter (less
than
a frigate but more multi-mission capable) and it would go badly for the
pirates.

I have no knowledge of the other area so will not comment.

Bob Makowsky
USCG GANTSEC
Puerto Rico