Prev: Re: St Jon's remarks Next: Re: Interstellar Shipping

Re: Letters of marque

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 08:44:18 +0100
Subject: Re: Letters of marque

----- Original Message -----
From: <Beth.Fulton@csiro.au>

> > All this talk of pirates aside, I have to point out that Nations of
> > certain size and larger guard their commerce with a vengance.
>
> Unfortunately they also tend to register their ships in small third
party
> nations (to avoid liability and taxes etc) ...

True about registring the ships in small nations.

> ....and thus are susceptible to pirate raids such as happens around
Indonesia and the Philippines.

I just wonder what this supposedly has to do with the pirate raids.
Those
ships registered in Panama, Cyprus or Bermuda hardly ever see their home
waters.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: St Jon's remarks Next: Re: Interstellar Shipping