Prev: Re: D-Day was Shermans Next: Re: [OT] WWII Naval & Aircraft Questions

Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 02:32:12 -0500
Subject: Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels

At 6:52 PM -0800 1/10/02, John Atkinson wrote:
>were already in inventory (Brady family).
>
>Sure.	If the US Army could get say, 1/10th the budget
>that is sunk into that verdammt F-22 program for our
>procurement, maybe we could afford such a thing.

I'm not convinced the F22 is a white elephant. Perhaps having worked
at LockMart for a time I'm biased, but I think it or the F23 are good
for the AF. So is JSF imho.

The life cycle development cost for something based on an extant
chassis is very low. Either the Bradly chassis or the M113. Its not
nearly the same as developing a system from the ground up. Also, the
development costs get spread over the export sales too.

>he M8 AGS.
>
>Hrm. . . I'm not 100% on this.
>
>If I had my way I'd mount them all in Wiesels.

Hmm. Perhaps. Though you can't mount a 105mm gun on a Wiesel.

--
Ryan Gill	  |	   |	     rmgill@mindspring.com
		  |	   |

Prev: Re: D-Day was Shermans Next: Re: [OT] WWII Naval & Aircraft Questions