Prev: Re: Back on subject - Mercs Next: Re: UV detection mutants

Re: Ending remarks aka Good Bye to the whole Arab thing

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 21:19:04 EST
Subject: Re: Ending remarks aka Good Bye to the whole Arab thing

Seems to me obvious but here goes:

My impression is that John 1)Has a stubborn streak once he has formed an
opinion ("Why should I say I agree with you if I don't?") that my Great
Grandmother would appreciate (You have any Cherokee ancestors?) and
2)John seems to sometimes have a sense of humor that allows him to
continue a thread when there is obviously no persuading him to change
said mind in a somewhat "Just because" manner and 3)Sometimes it is just
better to just let it drop  then try and insist John say the 'magic
words' one thinks are appropriate (John is not unique to my experience
there by any means - I'm married to a French Canadian raised by a
[emphasis on the first word] Polish-American  Mother and a "There are
*no* hyphens in American!" Father (Polish and German at least,) so there
are at least two.  When I met them there was this argument that had been
going on for over twenty years - and they died without putting it to
rest.  So I understand stubborn... okay,  'firm opinion'...  is a
personality trait that is as basic as breathing.)

Note: the only things my Father-in-law thought I had as flaws was I
wasn't Polish (I think it mean the wasn't sure about this
Spanish-Cherokee-yadayadayada mongrel,) I wasn't a union member, I
wasn't
a Catholic, I wasn't a Democrat (Independents were waffling Republicans)
and... I  forget the last one.	And this in the first hour of meeting
me.
 I'm sure the list grew.  <grin> John is a kitty cat compared to that...

John, I hope nothing I said offends you, I only know you a little bit
but
those are my impressions.  I might disagree with you (if I was sure how
*which* of the things you say are only half facetious) but  I am not
about to try and make you say anything just so I  feel good.  You have a
low evaluation of Arabs as tankers (at least) and that's you your
evaluation.  Hold to it if you believe it's truth.  Change your mind
only
if the facts as you understand them warrant it.

Growing up around and dating Zionist Jews and attending college with
Arab
and Iranian 'Rich Boys' during the 1969-1971 the first time I must admit
I have an noticeable difficult time warming up to those ethnic groups.
[When it happens I'll let you know...] That said I will stick to the
dictum that there are no bad soldiers only poorly trained and badly led
soldiers - even though that is a saying that isn't Gospel just an 'in
most cases' level of truth.

Okay, having offended 50% of the list with one or more comments I
*really* will let this thread die...

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.

Prev: Re: Back on subject - Mercs Next: Re: UV detection mutants