Prev: Re: UV detection mutants Next: More detail added to ships...

Re: UV detection mutants

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 02:38:51 +1100
Subject: Re: UV detection mutants

At 06:58  10/01/02 +1100, Alan wrote:
>From: "Roger Burton West" <roger@firedrake.org>
>
> > Getting this _vaguely_ back on topic, does Tuffleyverse technology
> > support full-spectrum camouflage gear? Given the IR component, I
suspect
> > it would be rolled into ECM/EW to some extent.
>
>Dunno about full-spectrum, but OZCAM is both IR and visual cammo - as
>are our face creams.

I always find this information interesting, when the AUSCAM uniforms
were
first issued, comments were made almost informally by NCOs and platoon
commanders that they were supposed have some sort of IR camo. But this
would be degraded by washing them, no further detailed explanation was
ever
given and we washed our uniforms regularly. It could well be true but it

soon joined other such interesting army myths such as the 'self-zeroing
rifle' leaving it on the range overnight, come back next morning and it
would be zeroed in ;)

Derek

Derek Fulton
12 Balaka st.
Rosny, Hobart.
Tasmania,  7018.
Australia

Phone; (03) 62459123
Mobile; 0438459123
Email; derekfulton@bigpond.com
URL; http://www.users.bigpond.com/derekfulton/

Prev: Re: UV detection mutants Next: More detail added to ships...