Prev: RE: hey all Next: Back on subject - Mercs

Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 16:43:20 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels

--- Ryan M Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:

> I agree here. You can make a more heavily armoured
> Armoured Car. ie
> the Italain Centauro (25 Tons) and South
> Africa's105mm armed Rooikat
> AC. They aren't MBT class, but better than the M113
> or the LAV for
> that matter.

How's the French 105mm armed armored car (AMX-10RC,
IIRC) stack up in the armor protection department?

>1. Common with the M2/M3 family as well as the MLRS
>and other United defense systems based on the M113.

The MLRS is based on M2 chassis, IIRC.	There ain't
any commonality between M-113 and M-2 family that I'm
aware of.

John

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/

Prev: RE: hey all Next: Back on subject - Mercs