Prev: Re: RE: RE: girl soldiers Next: Re: Scratchbuilt ships...

Re: Scratchbuilt ships...

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 09:46:45 -0800
Subject: Re: Scratchbuilt ships...

On 1/9/02 9:32 AM, "Flak Magnet" <flakmagnet72@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I was inspired by a website I saw a long time ago (and revisited this
> week because of this list) and so last night I got to putting
> together some ships out of Plastruct stock plastic, guitar wire and
> brass rod.  Please check them out and let me know what you think of
> them.  Both in look as well as what your impressions are of the role
> they would have in the game.

Nice work. They have an NSL feel to them.

Constructive criticism:

Looks like you were using superglue; try a liquid plastic cement. It
"welds"
the plastic together, and makes a much less noticeable join between
pieces.

Be very careful when making cuts. Try to make them as square (or
whatever
angle) as possible. This will also keep joins from being as noticeable.
Don't be afraid to toss out a piece that's not perfect (my table is
littered
with thousands of failed attempts).

Add some bits. Looking at the GZG line, they all have hull plating and
raised bits. While hull plating might be a little advanced for some, you
can
really add to the "plain" areas of the hull by adding bits.

Happy Carving! (Try not to go blind)

Schoon

Prev: Re: RE: RE: girl soldiers Next: Re: Scratchbuilt ships...