Prev: RE: [OT] hi and thanks Next: RE: RE: girl soldiers

RE: Merc Guild - Not Really

From: "David Rodemaker" <dar@h...>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 20:50:02 -0600
Subject: RE: Merc Guild - Not Really

> Just dawned on me - along with no 'good' guys there are no incompetent
> armies.  Some less skilled, some logistically challenged,  some
> ideologically or doctrinally challenged but no true incompetent
armies.
> Indeed some are better trained or equipped then others but even the
> marginal ones have a minimal competence.

A very interesting question at that...

Does anyone have a TOE/OrBat that includes crummy troops? That isn't the
(what seems to be) militia or super-green forces?

In my own 'universe' (an unholy amagalmation based on Traveller) things
range from the Elites of the Imperial Cadre and Marine Commando to the
general Imperial Army regulars. I tend to reserve the Poor troops as
being
independant Planetary armies.

I have also labeled some Imperial Army troops as poor merely because
thier
'ultimate' CO's (Field Grades) were so incompentent that it grossly
affected
their performance. Individual commanders on the field were good to
excellent
so it made for an interesting mixture of effects.

David

Prev: RE: [OT] hi and thanks Next: RE: RE: girl soldiers