Prev: Re: Cammo was: girl soldiers Next: RE: Cammo was: girl soldiers

RE: Drones (UAVs)

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 11:14:41 +1100
Subject: RE: Drones (UAVs)

G'day,

Well to give you a non-military perspective. We've (science as a whole)
have
been using "probes" ("drones by another name I'd guess) underwater for
decades, similarly on land in remote areas where we can't get field
scientists in easily. On a more stellar level we've had a fair few
"drones"
leave the planet (Pioneer, Voyager, Cassini, Viking, all the soviet and
other European ones etc), had them land/roll across other planets
(Russian
probes to Venus, Mars Rover etc) and even leave the solar system.

Cheers

Beth

Prev: Re: Cammo was: girl soldiers Next: RE: Cammo was: girl soldiers