Prev: RE: RE: girl soldiers Next: RE: Re: GZG Store

RE: RE: RE: girl soldiers

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 13:13:35 -0500
Subject: RE: RE: RE: girl soldiers

Oerjan
>During WW2 the Wehrmacht had a desert camouflage, including pink, which
>worked very well against British recon planes - until the dastardly
Brits
>found out that colourblind spotters had no problem detecting vehicles
with
>this camo. Under normal circumstances colourblind people I doubt if
>colourblind people would've been allowed as aircrews at all...

Brian B2:
>Seems like the Brits were always coming up with the most creative,
outlandish, downright bizzarre, yet highly effective ways of defeating
the
Nazis....

Didn't always work.  The Brits found that some people can see
ultraviolet, so looked into using UV beacons on their airfields to guide
the planes home--some pilots would be able to see them and guide the
rest of the formation, but it wouldn't be "visible" light so the
Luftwaffe wouldn't be able to find them as easily.  Eventually they
realized that the pilots who could see UV also tended to be blond,
blue-eyed, of Germanic descent....

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: RE: RE: girl soldiers Next: RE: Re: GZG Store