Prev: Re: Drones (UAVs) Next: RE: GZG Store

RE: RE: girl soldiers

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 08:40:47 +0000
Subject: RE: RE: girl soldiers

>>Well after letting her peruse Nic's catalogue on the pretence of
thinking up
>ideas for Lachy's birthday we finally determined she meant the Combat
babes
>range...I dread to think how much pink will feature in their camo
scheme
>though ;)
>
>I think WW2 Brit desert camo had pink and sand, and I think some Indian
>camo does too--the Indian Army has enough camo patterns you could
probably
>find any color you wanted.

Pink is/was certainly used by SAS units in desert areas - the famous
"Pink
Panther" SAS Landrovers etc.
Although I can't vouch for its authenticity, the story I heard MANY
years
ago was that a downed RAF Mosquito in the desert slowly became less and
less visible to overflying recon planes as time went on - when someone
finally went and took a look at ground level, they found that the sand
had
stripped all the paint off the airframe, leaving the pink glue or sealer
that had been applied over the plywood surfaces, which proved to be
virtually invisible against the desert terrain.
I also have a picture (B&W of course) in a reference book on the Western
Desert campaign, taken in 1939/40 of one of the old Vickers Mediums that
the Mobile Force was originally equipped with; the caption to the pic
states that the tank's commander had himself labelled the photo as "My
pink
and black camouflaged tank".

Jon (GZG)