Prev: Re: Merc Guild Next: RE: Merc Guild - Not Really

RE: Merc Guild - Not Really

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 17:15:42 -0800
Subject: RE: Merc Guild - Not Really

David Rodemaker Wrote

>Ahem...
>
>Pardon me if I am about to voice an 'Atkinsonism' <wf>
>
>It was also the Turkish army under Attaturk (sp?) that was responsible
for
>the Armenian Genocide...
>
>David

And which army can you list that's never been guilty of any atrocity?
Is
the US Army no longer considered professional because of MY Lai or
Wounded
Knee?  I doubt you'd go that far.  I never claimed they were perfect, or

innocent.  But they are a modern army with modern equipment, and modern
training, and they do try to maintain a high degree of professionalism.
Add
to this the "Future Fiction" factor Mr. Wilson mentions, and it's well
within the realm of realism to suggest a future Turksih army that could
hold
it's own and not be considered barbarians.

Brian B2

Prev: Re: Merc Guild Next: RE: Merc Guild - Not Really