Prev: Re: Merc Guild - Not Really Next: RE: Drones (UAVs)

Drones (UAVs)

From: "Tomb" <tomb@d...>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 15:42:14 -0500
Subject: Drones (UAVs)

Hi Folks

Just reading SG2 again (constantly learning new things... Adrian just
pointed one out to me regarding firing support weapons and small arms -
I thought you took the worst impact... turns out you ALWAYS take the
small arms impact... but I digress).

I ran across the drone rules. They looked neat. I thought about what I
could use for a 25mm drone mini (idealy, a super small B-2 mini... maybe
a micro machine... is there one?). I also thought about building a drone
team for NAC/NSL.

So I was wondering: At what level are these things currently attached
(Division, Brigade, Battalion, Company, Platoon)? How many teams (and
how big are they) and how many drones? I think they make a neat addition
to the game and the implementation of the drone rules suggests how you
should be able to develop Combat UAV rules for drones that can deploy
weapons and how you can shoot them down.  (I sense another stargrunt.ca
article coming on).

So, anyone have any info, links, or speculations about the future
deployment of drones (as it relates to SG/DS especially)?

Tomb.

Prev: Re: Merc Guild - Not Really Next: RE: Drones (UAVs)