Prev: [OT] 3-views Next: Re: Twilight 2000

Re: [SGII], [DSII] More Terrain

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 10:02:23 -0500
Subject: Re: [SGII], [DSII] More Terrain

At 06:12 PM 1/5/02 -0800, you wrote:
>At 05:54 PM 1/5/02 -0500, you wrote:
>>I want to get a few stand-alone buildings, suitable for building a
>>scenario around (like, for instance, this kit I have for making a
cardstock
>>28mm scale prison camp), and a good number of things that I can chop
up and
>>make attractive ruins from.  I'm hoping to find some models that are
cheap,
>>even if they *look* cheap.  Once they've been sufficently weathered,
>>they'll look fine on the table.
>
>It might not be the look your are going for, but I have recently made a
few
>structural features out of  various sizes and shapes of plastic switch
>wiring boxes. The company that makes the ones my local hardware store
>carries has a web site with a small picture at
><http://www.carlon.com/p_SuperBlueHardShell.html> if you want to see
what I
>am talking about. They also make some that don't have the nails
sticking
>out of them which are a little more expensive (~US$1.10 as opposed to
~50
>cents), but they save having to cut off the nail holders, which look
out of
>place IMO.
>
>When they are turned over, textured up with plastic card and bits box
>stuff, and painted and weathered they make pretty good industrial
terrain
>or starship interiors. I haven't chopped any up for ruins, but they
would
>be good material for that IMO, being plastic and cheap.

I've got a box full of...well, STUFF that I've been saving for this
purpose.  Various sizes of plastic packages, boardgame pieces,
interesting
bits of styrofoam....it's quite sad, really.  I don't know if I'll ever
be
using any of the stuff, but in case I find a need for it I'll be ready.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
http://www.voicenet.com/~johncrim

Prev: [OT] 3-views Next: Re: Twilight 2000