Prev: Re: Re: Australian fires Next: RE: [OFFICIAL] News from the Shipyards.....

Getting Kids hooked

From: "Richard Kirke" <richardkirke@h...>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 22:38:49 +0000
Subject: Getting Kids hooked

Hi,

With the increased interest in getting kids hooked on wargaming, it got
me
to thinking; with all the techniques and simplifications and so on how
my
brother and I started up wargaming. When my father thought I was old
enough
to enjoy wargaming he tried me with his 5mm napoleonic rules. My younger
(by
4 years) brother was told that he could not join in until he was older.
My
interest kind of faded, his passion to wargames grew and grew counting
the
seconds until he was allowed to play.

Since which time George (who is going to join this group soon, unless he

looses that URL AGAIN, thanks once again Derek) is completely hooked, I
wasn't too bothered until relatively recently, when I discovered Sci-Fi
(Painting historical figures never really satisfied me, to really
understand
see what my father paints:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1685641065
).

So maybe the way to get your kids hooked is to tell them they can't play

till they are 8.

Just a thought

Richard (who really should be doing something more useful... flocking
his
chaos weasles hmmm)

Prev: Re: Re: Australian fires Next: RE: [OFFICIAL] News from the Shipyards.....