Prev: Re: [SGII], [DSII] Can't see the forest for the.... Next: Re: Merc Guild

Re: [SGII], [DSII] More Terrain

From: Diamond <nezach@e...>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 18:12:57 -0800
Subject: Re: [SGII], [DSII] More Terrain

At 05:54 PM 1/5/02 -0500, you wrote:
>I want to get a few stand-alone buildings, suitable for building a
>scenario around (like, for instance, this kit I have for making a
cardstock
>28mm scale prison camp), and a good number of things that I can chop up
and
>make attractive ruins from.  I'm hoping to find some models that are
cheap,
>even if they *look* cheap.  Once they've been sufficently weathered,
>they'll look fine on the table.

It might not be the look your are going for, but I have recently made a
few
structural features out of  various sizes and shapes of plastic switch
wiring boxes. The company that makes the ones my local hardware store
carries has a web site with a small picture at
<http://www.carlon.com/p_SuperBlueHardShell.html> if you want to see
what I
am talking about. They also make some that don't have the nails sticking

out of them which are a little more expensive (~US$1.10 as opposed to
~50
cents), but they save having to cut off the nail holders, which look out
of
place IMO.

When they are turned over, textured up with plastic card and bits box
stuff, and painted and weathered they make pretty good industrial
terrain
or starship interiors. I haven't chopped any up for ruins, but they
would
be good material for that IMO, being plastic and cheap.

Ndege

Prev: Re: [SGII], [DSII] Can't see the forest for the.... Next: Re: Merc Guild