Prev: Re: Re[3]: Merc Guild Next: Re: Merc Guild

Re: Re[3]: Merc Guild

From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet72@y...>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 19:05:58 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Re[3]: Merc Guild

--- "K.H.Ranitzsch" <KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de> wrote:

> Well, they are unlikely to shoot at you (personally,
> that is) if you are
> their prospective future employer. Of course, they
> will shoot you if you are
> just a grunt - but then you are unlikely to have
> much say in their future
> employment.

But an employer that hires mercenaries that they have
pitted their standing forces against may well find
themselves dealing with disciplinary problems or
"friendly fire" incidents while the standing forces
"even the score" with the mercenaries.	Soldiers are
soldier, they are NOT inhuman, the remember who does
what to them and their platoon-mates.

Likewise, if an employer hires multiple mercenary
units, there may be similar murderous rivalries
between merc units suddenly emplyed by the same
organization.

> Presumably, merc contracts will contain clauses to
> the effect that they will
> not fight against their present employer for X
> earth-standard years, just
> like nowadays sensitive company employees may have
> to sign that they will
> not work for a direct  competitors after leaving the
> company.

Actually, that was mentioned in a Hammer's Slammers
book I read a long time ago.  That's or something
similar... it sounds familiar at any rate.

> And a prospective employer may well have been
> suitably impressed by the merc
> unit's performance to hire them. It might be a wise
> precaution to not use
> them against a former employer, however. But if you
> fight wars on different
> fronts...

A Merc unit would have to worry about the employer
"settling the score" as well... you don't have to pay
a Merc unit that's never heard from again...

> During the high days of the mercenaries, many
> soldiers changed between
> employers with ease. And competent ones were well
> received. Things might be
> different if you had a bad reputation - for whatever
> reason.

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/

Prev: Re: Re[3]: Merc Guild Next: Re: Merc Guild