Prev: Re:[OT] AWI Mercs Next: Re: Re[3]: Merc Guild

RE: Merc Guild

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 14:43:04 -0700
Subject: RE: Merc Guild

In real life terms, losses of 2-3% are acceptable, 5-7% high and 15% can
be sustained for one or two missions.  Games would play much differently
if the commanders are required to keep their losses "reasonable".  In
real life, I suspect much of the maneuvering is simply to get to the
most advantageous range (i.e. you can fire, the enemy can not) inflict
as many casualties you can before receiving any, then getting away.  Of
course Assault will be different and be much higher in cost.

Would players out there play differently if they had a loss restriction
placed on them (perhaps some sort of exponential victory point cost?
Maybe like the first vehicle x 1, the second x2, the third x4 the fourth
x8 etc.?)

--Binhan

Prev: Re:[OT] AWI Mercs Next: Re: Re[3]: Merc Guild