Prev: Re: Merc Guild Next: Re: Twilight 2000

RE: Merc Guild

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 16:35:14 -0800
Subject: RE: Merc Guild

B Lin Wrote:

>But the point of hiring mercs is that you aren't buying the equipment,
you
>are renting it.  It is far cheaper to rent than to buy.  In addition
you
>are hiring people to run the equipment for you.

And that expertise is where the expense starts to get near that of
buying
the equipment.	Remember, my premise is that Mercs will be hired by
nations
with few men but plenty of money.

>It's like hiring a plumber to install a sink for you.	You hire him
because
>he has the specialized equipment and the skill to use them, and
although
>expensive, it is much cheaper than buying all the tools that he uses
and
>learning all his skills.  It would be rare but not unheard of to offer
>plumber equipment as well as paying him for his services.

True, but you still have to pay for the sink.  That's why the plumbers
invoice will list parts as well as labor.

>It is assumed that you get what you pay for, and if you are paying a
>premium for mercenary services, then I would assume that they are
covering
>basics like ammo, fuel and their own equipment.

That supports my first point - you're paying a PREMIUM (your words)  --
which means if you're too poor to buy a tank, you're probably too poor
rent a merc tank and it's crew.

Brian B2

Prev: Re: Merc Guild Next: Re: Twilight 2000