Prev: Re: Close Orbit Support (COS) a.k.a. CSS (Close Space Support) Next: Re: Close Orbit Support (COS) a.k.a. CSS (Close Space Support)

Re: Merc Guild

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 21:29:17 -0500
Subject: Re: Merc Guild

> > What are the main provisions made by the Mercenaries Guild?
>
> Perhaps a couple of Guild worlds, dedicated to R&R for merc units.
Also, I
> could see privileged contracts for certain arms manufactures to have
sales
> or manufacturing access or even auctions.

Group bargaining power, I can see.  Having an entire planet set aside
seems a bit excessive.	I'd think an area the size of, oh, say France,
would be plenty.

> And will expressing abide by the rulings of the local authorities.
The Guild
> would function at the will of the great powers.

Well, that's a little tricky, because the Great Powers aren't any more
to be trusted than anyone else.

> There should be a penalty if a significantly aggregious violation is
made,
> or many repeated ones. Options would perhaps include, increasing the
Guild's
> percentage of bond rate, caps on bond size,

increasingly larger bond required