Prev: RE: Military Police Next: RE: Close Orbit Support (COS) a.k.a. CSS (Close Space Support)

RE: [Not so OT]Military discipline problems

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 11:57:32 +1100
Subject: RE: [Not so OT]Military discipline problems

G'day,

Our microwave link is down at work at the moment so I'm only getting
half of
this so sorry if this has already been said etc.

>>> Still, the option of settling down with K'V widows
>>> (which is what the joke referred to, dammit!)should
>>> not appeal to human infantrymen of EITHER gender.
>>> This ain't XXXenophile, dammit!
>>
>> Might appeal to the KV widows, though, if they're
>> carnivores--anthropophagous.  The HM infantrymen
>> still wouldn't much appreciate it though.

This is assuming that Humans don't find they can "relate" to the KV once
the
initial "shock" of contact is over (and before you start casting
aspersions
Mr Laserlight I was speaking completely platonically, and non-food wise
too
for that matter, for a change!!). Same thing can be called upon to
answer
some of Zachariah's comments on the likelihood of KV being upset at the
thought of massive Human civilian casualties. The KV may well have
cultural
traditions/religious paradigms etc that make it totally unlikely we'd
ever
find anything in common/tolerable about the other. However, its also
possible that as sentient beings who've managed to support a cooperative
society long enough to get into space, transport troops which work in
coordinated groups etc that they will have points we can learn to live
with
or points where we're less alike than we think.

Cheers

Beth

Prev: RE: Military Police Next: RE: Close Orbit Support (COS) a.k.a. CSS (Close Space Support)