Prev: Re: SG-Ortillary Next: RE: Military Police

RE: Military Police

From: "David Rodemaker" <dar@h...>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 18:03:42 -0600
Subject: RE: Military Police

> --- David Rodemaker <dar@horusinc.com> wrote:
> > Let me ask my wife. (Former MP Captain, served in
> > Panama and the Gulf War)
> > She'll know and be able to write up something nice
> > if I ask nicely...
>
> I found an MTOE for a divisional MP company (which
> discusses equipment totals for the company, but not
> much about internal breakdown--it's on the FAS
> website, thanks Laserlight), and an FM on MPs that
> gave a few more details.  Near as I can tell, it's
> supposed to be 3 teams in a squad, with each team
> having a HMMWV and a squad has a total of 1x.50cal,
> 2xMk19s, 3xM-60 (now M-240??) and 3xSAW??  That's 9
> automatic weapons for a unit with 10 men, of whom 3
> are driving vehicles???  Plus every man has an M-16A2,
> one per team having an M-203 mounted on it????  AND a
> pistol?
>
> This does not make sense to me--please ask your wife
> if I'm misreading this or are MPs really that well
> armed?

Hi, John.  This is Kiara, David's wife.

No, you are *not* misreading those manuals.  MPs really *are* that well
armed.	It freaks out some of the infantry types we've had to deal with,
but
a combat MP unit is really motorized infantry, just with better
armament,
slightly more specific missions, and a way around the combat exclusion
laws
for women.

David told me you were asking about the organizational structure of the
MP's - let me know what else you want to know, and I'll see what I can
do to
help you out.  My email addy is PhoenixRising@horusinc.com.

Regards,

Kiara

Prev: Re: SG-Ortillary Next: RE: Military Police