Prev: Re: [SG] EW Next: Re: SG-Ortillary

RE: Military Police

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 15:41:17 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: Military Police

--- David Rodemaker <dar@horusinc.com> wrote:
> Let me ask my wife. (Former MP Captain, served in
> Panama and the Gulf War)
> She'll know and be able to write up something nice
> if I ask nicely...

I found an MTOE for a divisional MP company (which
discusses equipment totals for the company, but not
much about internal breakdown--it's on the FAS
website, thanks Laserlight), and an FM on MPs that
gave a few more details.  Near as I can tell, it's
supposed to be 3 teams in a squad, with each team
having a HMMWV and a squad has a total of 1x.50cal,
2xMk19s, 3xM-60 (now M-240??) and 3xSAW??  That's 9
automatic weapons for a unit with 10 men, of whom 3
are driving vehicles???  Plus every man has an M-16A2,
one per team having an M-203 mounted on it????	AND a
pistol?

This does not make sense to me--please ask your wife
if I'm misreading this or are MPs really that well
armed?

John

http://greetings.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: [SG] EW Next: Re: SG-Ortillary