Prev: Re: Ortillery Next: Babylon5/EFSB

Re: back to the flock, FT questions

From: Noam Izenberg <noam.izenberg@j...>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 14:45:57 -0500
Subject: Re: back to the flock, FT questions

Roger West Wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 11:05:42AM +1100, Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:
>
>> Actually I'd say taking energy for pod launches from the repair (R)
>> pool and
>> spicules from the defence (D) pool are required more than dropping
>> stingers
>> to 9" range bands (which is worth trying out too).
>
> I think the main disagreement here was 8" vs 9" (8" may be
> better-balanced, but everything else is in multiples of 3" so it's
more
> to remember).

I hope not. SV are virtually crippled by 9" bands, at least in vector
where opponents arc limitations are greatly reduced. With those bands,
they can (in a nutshell) equal the firepower of like-costed opponents
ony by diverting all power to weapons (no maneuver, screens, etc). I'm
also starting to believe the restriction is unbalancing in cinematic as
well, though perhaps not quite so much. I used to think 9" bands were
logical, but after some playing I've come down pretty solidly on the
other side. Pool revisions are, conversely, sensible enough to be
no-brainers.

Prev: Re: Ortillery Next: Babylon5/EFSB