Prev: Re: Experience and Training Next: The First Intersentient War

Re: An attempt to return to topic was Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 19:07:52 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: An attempt to return to topic was Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training

--- Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@juno.com> wrote:

> The world doesn't need a significant war that will
> risk de-railing a long overdue action -
> international action against NGO's that choose to
> destabilize nations.

You ain't kidding.  This nonsense would be pointless
any time, but it's really, really badly timed.

> *Now* to bring this back on topic.  (I hope)	What
> does anyone think about the odds of humanity (in the
> Tuffleyverse) working together to defeat the
> Kra'vak?

High.  Everyone but the NRE are onboard AFAIK.	Of
course, that's only as long as there are K'V in the
Core.  After that, it's every planetary governor for
himself. (or herself, or itself as the case may be)

> What would they need to do to defeat them?

More Pulse Torpedos, less shields, maybe a little less
armor than the NSL are prone to.  But that's an ideal
situation.  Bare minimum would be to throw a lot of
ships in front of them.

> More importantly, *who* would need to get on board
> give the humans a chance against the Kra'vak?

With the big 4 onboard, plus the NI and most of the
small fry at least helping, they've got all the chance
they'll have.

John

Prev: Re: Experience and Training Next: The First Intersentient War