Prev: Re: Experience and Training Next: Re: The First Intersentient War

Re: Experience and Training

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 20:10:08 EST
Subject: Re: Experience and Training

On Mon, 31 Dec 2001 11:15:22 +1100 Beth.Fulton@csiro.au writes:
>G'day,
>
>> It also depends on who you're fighting.  If you're
>> going up against a civilized army you don't need to
>> issue medics with rifles.
>
>Hopefully.
>
>Beth

Kinda depends on how you define "civilized" isn't it?  1943 Japan?
1951Chinese? American militia during the Plains Wars?  Roman Legion?
1942-1943 Russian Partisans?  SS?  All nations have had aberrant (by
modern western standards) practices during war.

Medics are (even under the Geneva Conventions (aka rules for wars
without
reality in some circles) IIRC) allowed 'self defense' weapons in modern
conflicts.

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: Experience and Training Next: Re: The First Intersentient War