Prev: Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training Next: Re: SG-Ortillary

Re: [Not so OT]Military discipline problems

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 19:15:44 +0000
Subject: Re: [Not so OT]Military discipline problems

On Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 02:04:29PM -0500, Laserlight wrote:
>A rather more worrisome question is, what happens when an expanded IC
>army *stops* facing KV invaders?  If you want a recipe for maximum
>chaos: the KV are just passing through
>[...]
>even those nations which quickly demob have a
>relatively large group of people who've had combat training and
>experience, which tends to result in insurrections and revolutions
>[...]

"A new life awaits YOU in the off-world colonies!"

I.e., huge colonisation subsidies to get all these dangerous people
split up from each other, sent to places where their dangerousness might
be useful (cf Tim Zahn's _Cobra_ series), and acting as an early warning
for the next wave of attacks.

>> Will the IF and the NI forces cooperate under UN
>> auspices in repelling an attack?
>Of course not.  The IF (NI) are an affront to YHWH (Allah), whereas
>rapacious aliens are just aliens.

Who are _also_ an affront to YHWH (Allah), and will probably end up
with the IF (NI) collaborating with them. These infidels are all the
same.

>Who told...er, I mean, no, never crossed our minds.  IF traders
>selling opium and so forth to ESU and NAC conscripts, what a
>ridiculous notion, what ever gave you that idea?

Where there is demand, there will be supply.

Prev: Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training Next: Re: SG-Ortillary