Prev: Re: [Not so OT]Military discipline problems Next: Re: Experience and Training

Re: [Not so OT]Military discipline problems

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 14:04:29 -0500
Subject: Re: [Not so OT]Military discipline problems

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@juno.com>

> How will the OU protect their planets?  What will happen when the
> expanded IC ground troops (and who decides who gets to have more
troops
> in the IC system) face Kravak invaders (assuming they don't just
nuke
> human planets as SOP)?

A rather more worrisome question is, what happens when an expanded IC
army *stops* facing KV invaders?  If you want a recipe for maximum
chaos: the KV are just passing through, the come in Hu"man space from
one side and go out the other side, pausing only to smack Earth and a
few other major systems along the way.	With much of the inner core
recovering, the highly militarized outer worlds breathe a sigh of
relief for about eight minutes, then start thinking about what to do
with their armies....even those nations which quickly demob have a
relatively large group of people who've had combat training and
experience, which tends to result in insurrections and revolutions
(analogously to what happened from 1945 through about 1970 in places
like Algeria, Kenya, Malaysia, Greece etc) when they're not being
invaded by their neighbors.

> Will the IF and the NI forces cooperate under UN
> auspices in repelling an attack?

Of course not.	The IF (NI) are an affront to YHWH (Allah), whereas
rapacious aliens are just aliens.

> And will drug knowledgable agents of the IF take advantage of the
effects
> of mass conscription armies to push drugs to debilitate their
enemies?

Who told...er, I mean, no, never crossed our minds.  IF traders
selling opium and so forth to ESU and NAC conscripts, what a

Prev: Re: [Not so OT]Military discipline problems Next: Re: Experience and Training