Prev: Re: Experience and Training Next: Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training

Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 10:30:07 EST
Subject: Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training

On Sat, 29 Dec 2001 10:49:42 -0800 (PST) John Atkinson
<johnmatkinson@yahoo.com> writes:

>--- Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@juno.com> wrote:
>
>> Oh John, I only wish I could agree but the level of
>> intensity of the
>> desire to 1)Get even (disregarding if it's not the
>> people who actually
>> did this attack on parliament)  and 2)Get the
>> Kashmir thing over (well it
>> appears some people still haven't learned such
>> things are 'never over'
>> until both sides quit (Alsace-Lorraine)  yet) that I
>> see in reports makes
>> me think it's not IF they go official but When and
>> what ROE...
>
>Unfortunately, India is going to get dismantled--if
>Afghan bandits could clean house with US air support,
>then what will Pakistan do?  On the other hand, the
>Pakis (from what I can tell) are the ones who are
>reacting in this, while the Indians are going psycho.
>What in hell do they think they are going to gain by
>attacking Pakistan while we're using it as an
>airstrip?   I mean, it might have made sense last
>year, but this is NOT the time to accidentally drop
>bombs on airbases we're operating out of.  This is not
>going to be pretty, and the bad part is, we'll be
>operating on the side of what I consider the bad guys.
>
>John

John, this is geopolitical ( of which I know some from work)!  You want
rational?

Hmmm, assuming last time(s) as a model, and the US gets left out of the
fracas (realistic? I think India thinks it's possible - stupid idea #2)
think it's India making headway then getting pushed back over the
starting line then grinding out a stalemate - assuming conventional only
and 'no price is too high' casualty mindset.
Don't you love all the caveats?

As for "...What in hell do they think they are going to gain by
attacking
Pakistan while we're using it as an airstrip..." - They aren't thinking
John, they are emotionally reacting to violation of their government and
national self image.  Three letters - E-G-O.  Or maybe a justified sense
of outrage for such an attack on a democratic (+/-) government.  Or (my
theory) both.

In my opinion, they think they can dismantle the terrorists, punish
Pakistan (okay a few crazies are thinking 'defeat' or 'destroy') for
it's
affronts to India, and the world will excuse them because they are
'fighting the war against terrorism'!  And this is insane before we
start
using scenarios involving WMD stuff.

As for 'bad guys' - Well, John this is a real  life version of the
Tuffleyverse, strictly IMO, played out for our benefit.  There may be
bad
guys here but are there any good guys?
I think not.

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: Experience and Training Next: Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training