Prev: RE: Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training Next: Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training

Re: Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training

From: "Don M" <dmaddox1@h...>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 07:53:22 -0600
Subject: Re: Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training

 While all this is fascinating, it's wandering off from SG.

Laserlight the voice of reason.....interesting...) We do tend to
wander a bit largely because most see the relationships in warfare
age to age but, yes time to return to point.

 I'd say "experience" prepares you for situations you've already
survived,
while "training" helps you adapt to new situations.  You could, if you
were
sufficiently motivated, say "this unit is d6 in cities, d8 in mountains,
d10
in forest or jungle, d6 in peacekeeping operations" and so forth, but
why
bother?  Unless you're in a campaign, you just rate the unit for how
effective it will be in that scenario.

Good point there on Experience Vs. Training it would really be best
played
out in campaign, or if your really twisted
and maintain unit histories......)