Prev: Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training Next: RE: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training

Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 17:52:34 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training

--- Brian Bilderback <bbilderback@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Either way, I'm wondering if maybe the dual
> designation of both experience
> AND quality might not be a plausible house rule.
> Thoughts?

There's plenty of badly trained troops who fight like
fanatics.

Japanese troops (especially when loaded on sake),
Islamic Ghazis, most Ottoman Turkish troops
(Janissaries were good, as were some of the Sipahis).

On the other hand, some experienced troops lost their
offensive spirit altogether, like British line
infantry in late '44 and '45.

John