Prev: Re: Australian fires Next: Re: Merry Xmas - the height of me-too-ism!

Re: [OT] Catholics (not in Space)

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 19:29:43 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [OT] Catholics (not in Space)

--- "K.H.Ranitzsch" <KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de> wrote:

> And if you don't like the topic or might be offended
> by some pro-Catholic
> views, just hit the "delete" button.

It ain't hard to hit the delete button. . .

> My view too, at least of we extrapolate from the
> present situation.

Depends.  That's just because since Vatican II the
Cattle-licks got weenie.  If you go back to the 17th
century Sack of Madgeburg mode of operations. . .

> Some plea for precise terminology here:
> Strictly speaking, "Temporal power" by churchmen
> implies a bishop, abbot,
> pope etc. directly ruling a territory, like a king,
> duke or president. In

Does it count if a Cardinal is the. . . whatever
Richelieu or Mazarin's title was?

> > the Pope), much less survive as a Protestant
> Queen.  It was not until the
> > Spanish Armada was defeated that England became
> safely Protestant.
>
> And safe enough to persecute those who preferred to
> stay Catholic or to
> belong a non-Anglican denomination, IIRC.

Oh, yeah.  Protestants are scum as well.  What was the
tally in Germany of sacked cities, something like 30
to 25?

>BTW. the Serbs are Orthodox, who saw the Bosnian
>Muslims as their enemies.

Bosnian Muslims are nothing more than Orthodox and
Catholics who apostasized in the face of Turkish
persecution.  So as far as the Serbs (and Croats) are
concerned, they are nothing more than traitors to
their people and their religion.

There's something to be said for that, but then again
I'm pretty irrational in regards to Turks or wanna-be
Turks.

>The Croatians were the Catholics in that conflict. AN
>the Catholic church has loudly protested against all
>bloodshed there.

And was heavily supported by the largely Lutheran FRG
government, while flying the flag of the pro-German
Utashi. . .

John

Prev: Re: Australian fires Next: Re: Merry Xmas - the height of me-too-ism!