Prev: Re: [OT] Catholics (not in Space) Next: [OT] Contact me off list : cleaning out my Library - some SF books included

Re: [FT] Shields or not

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 20:46:33 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Shields or not

I managed to delete the post before replying, but someone said something

like "against K3s a ratio of armour to hull of 2:7 is optimal" - or at
least that's how I read it, but I hope what was written (and meant) was
"a
ratio of armour to the first hull row of 2:7 is optimal". Since I no
longer
have the post I can't check!

Anyway, in reply to Jaime's question: If I know that the enemy uses
predominantly P-torps, I wouldn't use more armour than my first hull row

(ie., 1:4 or less armour to hull). If the enemy uses K-guns, I wouldn't
use
more armour than half my first hull row (1:8 armour to hull) - the
armour
doesn't degrade the big K-guns much, but they do stop K1s and
scatterguns.

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com