Prev: Re: Catholics in Space! Next: Re: Catholics in Space!

Re: Catholics in Space!

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 18:30:40 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Catholics in Space!

On 24-Dec-01 at 17:26, Don M (dmaddox1@hot.rr.com) wrote:

> > Well your not related to any are you lol!

Only vaguely.  I still remember being shocked when the
Priest came on the intercom on the ship just before
we pulled in from a Med cruise.

"Some of you have done things you shouldn't have on this
 cruise.  Don't let it destroy your marriage.  If you
 really must confess, even if you aren't Catholic, come
 confess to me.  That's why I'm here."

I could just imagine the wives getting the same advice
from a civilian priest.  Fortunately I was able to
contain myself and not roll around laughing.

That was my first indication that Catholicism was very
different from the varieties of Protestants I grew up
with in the midwest.

Prev: Re: Catholics in Space! Next: Re: Catholics in Space!