Prev: RE: [SG] Rash Next: Re: [SG] Rash

Re: [SG] Rash

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 21:53:24 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG] Rash

From: David Rodemaker <dar@horusinc.com>

> It would be thought of as a different variety of Green perhaps.
>
> It might very well work better as a specific troop type in the
> Elite-Veteran-Regular-etc. mould.

I think Confidence is a better fit than Troop Type.  For example, in
Band of Brothers (which is about an Airborne company in WW2), the
troops were well trained and very tough--but in their first battle,
they had the feeling "it can't happen to me" and therefore took
chances they later felt to be foolhardy.  If you've read the book,
you'll remember perhaps in Normandy, when one squad attacked a German
artillery unit of 150 men; on another occasion, an officer ran back
and forth across a road several times, despite a machine gun firing
down the road, so he could rally his men to attack the machine gun.
Now, a lot of times when they did stupid things like that, they got
away with it--but they later recognized it was foolhardy, and they

Prev: RE: [SG] Rash Next: Re: [SG] Rash