Prev: Re: [FT] Shields or not Next: [SG] Rash

Re: [FT] Shields or not

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 10:18:45 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] Shields or not

Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> First, a "cannon fleet" is a fleet primarily armed with cannon. You're
> thinking of "canon" fleets.

Oops :)

>  From your statement that this ship is one of your most effective
designs,
> I can draw two immediate conclusions:
>
> 1) You're using Vector movement - in Cinematic, thrust-4 is much too
slow
> to get much use out of those B3-1s

Correct. None of my ships would do very well in cinematic, except maybe
my superdreadnought with the 12, 2 arc PTs.

> 2) Your opponents use very few, if any, P-torps or K-guns - this
design has
> very little protection against such weapons.

No, we don't have any Kravak players. I do wonder why it doesn't have
protection against PTs. I know the structure is lowish, but I haven't
sen any major problems with a 20% hull 10% armour mix. It seems to do
fairly well against PTs.

What do other people do for structure/armour loads?

Prev: Re: [FT] Shields or not Next: [SG] Rash