Prev: Re: Catholics in Space! Next: Re: Catholics in Space!

Re: Catholics in Space!

From: JRebori682@a...
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 21:40:28 EST
Subject: Re: Catholics in Space!

In a message dated 12/21/01 7:52:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bif@bifsmith.fsnet.co.uk writes:

> I was thinking along the lines of a catholic battle fleet, under the
command
> of the vatican. Instead of a captain, you would have, say, a bishop in
> command, and a lowly preast would be manning the systems (etc, etc).
> Instand
> enemies for the IF (keeps them off everyone elses backs, anyway). For
how,
> you just say some planet were settled by strict catholics, and the
church
> was the controling factor, but these systems had enough resources to
allow
> them to build their own fleet (purely to protect against the heathens,

> never
> to be used against sinners <G>).

Well, there are the Templars, and Hospitallers. They could definitely be
start for how to organize this. In fact the Templars actually had a
fleet
that disappeared when the order went out to round up the whole order for

heresy.

John Rebori
Never surrender
Never forget
Sept 11, 2001

Prev: Re: Catholics in Space! Next: Re: Catholics in Space!