Prev: Re: ECM MT Missiles Next: Re: ECM MT Missiles

Re: ECM MT Missiles

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 14:26:10 -0800
Subject: Re: ECM MT Missiles

Ryan M Gill wrote:

> At 1:04 PM -0800 12/20/01, Jaime Tiampo wrote:
> >
> >Half right. Each ECM missile has 2 dummy counters and an actual
missile
> >counter, but the ECM missile does no damage. The space used for a
> >regular warhead now has an ECM suite in it.
>
> As this has a RL equivalent, why not just put ECM on the Real
> missiles instead? Thats what SAC did years back when they initially
> built and deployed Quail as a "dummy" missile.  It was easier to add
> the ECM and dummy features to the real things than launch dummies
> that did it instead.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here, are you saying to take a
regular MT missile and add some sort of ECM to it aswell?

If so here's my reasoning for the method I put forward:
1) it's easier to make a new system then to add it to an old one and
rebalance the mass and points for it having a whole new set of
abilities.
2) keeping it the same cost means you can design ships to have MT
missiles a just choose the warhead types at game time instead of having
to recalc the ship
3) I didn't want to fiddle with the existing missile rules and thought
having dummy counters along with the real ones were a quick and simple
way of simulating ECM in missiles

Prev: Re: ECM MT Missiles Next: Re: ECM MT Missiles